    Jasmeet> Hi all, In continuation with my earlier endeavours to
    Jasmeet> administer a linux box from a telnet shell, i am facing
    Jasmeet> another problem. I enter the box using some user id, then
    Jasmeet> switch to su, i am able to install rpms, but am not able
    Jasmeet> to run certain commands like "useradd" "usermod"
    Jasmeet> etc.. shutdown .. . Any pointers as to wot am i doing
    Jasmeet> wrong and how can i make it work !!

Use su - instead of plain su.  With su - your environment will get
changed to root's environment, and the directories /sbin and /usr/sbin
(where your commands are located) will be in your path.

You can still use the commands by using the full path if you don't
want to change the environment, e.g. /usr/sbin/useradd...

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/