I am not sure if this is the place to pursue this issue - but since
upgrading to v7.03 my server has a problem that re-occurs so here goes...
anywhere from 12 hours to three days, the spool directory begins to fill up
with que'd messages, and the logs begin to say, mx connect fail - a reboot
is required to fix the problem. But it repeats again.
I noted that I can't use internet explorer to browse the web, can't ftp from
a ftp prompt, can't telnet - all incoming mail is getting through, and I do
have a few web sites that are running on IIS same box, and those are
reachable.
Like I said before - this doesn't look like an IMail thing - except it
didn't start till I went to v7.03  - When I saw the 703hf1 I thought hey,
perhaps this is the cause - but I have that installed and still get this
trouble.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble - probably would
have heard about it, but you never know.
I am at wit's (the little I have left) end - I just changed network cards
today in an attempt to just DO something...nothing in any win2k logs that I
see - no apparent breach of my firewall...my machine just quietly goes into
this mode...
any help would be appreciated, was thinking of wiping the box, but I would
like to avoid that, especially if it ain't gonna cure the problem (almost
sure it would - MS training as well), but I don't want to miss something
obvious that would be much easier and safer.
thanks,
Kevin