Hi,

I've been following this thread with interest and now I cant decide if
my implementation is compliant or not.

Mark Crispin wrote:
You could keep track of STATUS vs.
SELECT, and only increase the UIDVALIDITY on SELECT.  Or (and this is
probably better) increase the UIDVALIDITY subsequent to the SELECT so
that
STATUS will show the UIDVALIDITY of the next SELECT.

My implementation will return the same UIDVALIDITY for each SELECT
unless its internal UIDNEXT becomes invalid due to some other external
influence.

Mark statement implies that UIDVALIDITY should increase UIDVALIDITY on
select rather than when the UIDNEXT goes out of scope.

Which is correct?

Regards

Richard Bang
Floosietek Ltd