On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 18:43, Alberto Malagoli <albem...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What's the best way to coordinate the effort?  A repository somewhere?
>
> Well, probably a repository would be a good idea, anyway I have a kind of
> hate against them, I always have problems and I've never completly
> understood them :P

Eheh, no problem.
I've arranged a Mercurial repository on sourceforge:
  http://imdbpy.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/imdbpy/imdbpy-site/

You can clone it (using the 'hg' command from the mercurial package):
  hg clone
ssh://your_user_n...@imdbpy.hg.sourceforge.net/hgroot/imdbpy/imdbpy-site

and added a "site-sync" rsync script to it, to syncronize
the local content to http://imdbpy.sf.net/new/ (for now)
If you are working on a Windows environment, let me
know: I'm sure there are replacements for these tools.

Basic introduction to the sf repository is here:
  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Mercurial

Veery basically:
- to add a new file or directory: hg add FILE_NAME
- to update from the repository: hg pull
- once you're happy with a set of changes you made:
      # download new things
     hg pull
      # apply them to the local files - there may be conflicts.
     hg update
     # if any, resolve conflicts; then save your changes locally:
     hg commit -m 'description of what was changes'
     # send your changes to the server:
     hg push
- to see if there's something new in the repository:
     hg in
- to see if you've something not committed (locally!):
     hg status
- to see if you've something to send to the repository:
      hg out
- to see what you've changed and not committed yet (locally!):
      hg diff

A very good introduction:
   http://hginit.com/

But fear not: you only need very basic operations, trust me. :-)
And if you need any help, ask!

> and here you can find a zipped version of it:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/921872/IxD/IMDbPY/IMDbPY.7z

Copied to the repository and synced on the web site (on the /new path,
for now)

> I will not work on the website on this weekend

Eh, I'm busy too. :-/

> Bye, have a good weekend!

You too!

--