On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Andy Allan <[email protected]> wrote: > My reasoning is > that we don't store attribution for normal contributors on the > geo-features, so we should be consistent with imports. When a > contributor creates a new way we don't add tags to the way to say who > contributed it, so I don't think we should add attribution tags to > ways etc for imports.
Really ? but for personal contributions, the attribution is already attached to all elements with the "user" and "uid" fields. Is that not attribution ? Here in France, many contributors use the French cadastral WMS (land registry) and the attribution is a legal obligation in this case. If we don't add a tag but only move it to the changeset, it will disappear to all exports. I agree that a tag "source" to all created elements is not the best solution and I would like to find a better one, but we cannot make the attribution invisible. Pieren _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
