On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 13:26, Andy Allan <[email protected]> wrote: > My take on it is that is should not be on the geo-features, but it > should be on the changeset (and the wiki if you like). My reasoning is > that we don't store attribution for normal contributors on the > geo-features, so we should be consistent with imports. When a > contributor creates a new way we don't add tags to the way to say who > contributed it, so I don't think we should add attribution tags to > ways etc for imports. I think it's fine to say that such meta-data > should, if used at all, go into the changeset information instead. > (Actually, to keep the parallel the same, it should go into the user > account, if a dedicated account is used, but that's something I'm less > bothered about).
I'm all for it. Geo has nothing to do with attribution. We give credit to the geodata-maker by informing the user that the given feature comes from a certain contributed dataset...hence exposing this information in the changeset comment is the way to go. -- -S _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
