On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM, andrzej zaborowski <[email protected]> wrote: > 2009/11/20 Andy Allan <[email protected]>: >> I want to take what Sam has said out of context here, so this isn't a >> question of Geobase/Canvec, let's consider the wider issue of >> attribution on imported data. Should the attribution be on the >> geo-features (nodes,ways,relations), or on the changeset, on the wiki, >> all three, or a combination? >> >> My take on it is that is should not be on the geo-features, but it >> should be on the changeset (and the wiki if you like). > > I agree in principle, but for one thing the data donors are much > happier to relicense their data for OSMs use if I can show them that > the attribution can be seen from the main www page and it only takes > enabling the data layer and clicking the object. When our data is > used elsewhere, there's always a link to OpenStreetMap and you can > trace back the attribution.
Interesting. I wonder if that's an argument for changing the way the data layer works? Some suggestions would be: * When showing the way show the last username * When showing the way history then make the username a link and the timestamp a link to the changeset Edited by ABS2006 at 2009-03-18T13:26:39Z I'm not sure adding attribution tags just so that they show up in the data browser is a proper reason, since we can easily change the data browser to show other things! Cheers, Andy _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
