PJ,
I would be interested in what kind of "significant problems" you had with the ArcMap extension if it is not too much trouble. It might save myself and others some time and effort trying to figure out what are operator issues and what are software issues. I have been working with that extension and recently tried to convert some roads to trails and add a boundary for a small BLM wilderness area as a test. The extension said the upload was successful but nothing showed up in OSM. If you are worried about being exiled to Los Angles for listing the significant problems with the ESRI extension you could email me directly. I will be looking forward to seeing your updated workflow. Thanks Tom Ponte GIS Analyst 541 419-2113 [email protected] From: PJ Houser [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:30 PM To: Dave Hansen Cc: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: Re: [Imports] [Talk-us] TriMet will begin OSM improvements in the Portland area Hi Dave & Talk-US & Imports, We decided against using Trimet in our name since as Richard pointed out, OSM is a collection of individuals. This is us right now. I will let you know if we change our names. Should we include RLIS (the data source) in our user names? We are all using our personal emails, so we have kept everything really informal so far. http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/PJ%20Houser http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/betsy http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mele%20Sax-Barnett http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Grant Humphries And our workflow is changing a lot since we ran into significant problems with ArcMap OSMEditor, though we are working with ESRI to improve the editor. I hope to send an updated workflow really soon for input! Not many changes to OSM have been done because we are still trying things out. But most importantly, all changes are being done one at a time. Nothing is bulk. Every change is done "by hand". I am doing my best to make sure nobody else's hard work is overwritten or deleted! -- PJ Houser Trimet, GIS On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote: On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 18:28 -0800, PJ Houser wrote: > OSM User Names: TriMet_PJH, TriMet_MSB, TriMet_GNH, TriMet_BB Hi PJ, I was just looking for your user pages so I could spy on your improvements: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TriMet_BB for instance. Did you end up using some different usernames, or have you just not created them yet? -- Dave
_______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
