Obviously this mail was incomplete and fat fingered.... Let me finish now. My main concern here is that the Arc tools are abstracting away details about OSM that are unimportant when the workflow fits the Arc model, but not the OSM model and workflow.
Specifically in this context, I'm concerned that if nodes are just considered points, that nodes with other data might be inadvertently lost, or else made wrong in a transfer. This goes hand in hand with working in OSM vs one's own dataset, where one can (and should) feel free to make large modifications in one's one dataset, but working in a shared playground is much harder. This concern isn't Tom specific, nor your project specific, but I'm wondering how it is you're addressing this. I asked this question of the ESRI folks who developed the tools and their response was that it was the responsibility of the user. Compounding the challenge, if I recall, the "layer" analogy extends to the OSM tools, so you might not see objects' other tagging. How are you overcoming these technical and cultural challenges as you work to bring your data into OSM? - Serge _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
