Nice to have you on this site, Dr. Sethi. You will probably be innundated with several requests including mine for fungi identification in the coming weeks and we hope you can find the time to fulfill some of our wishes.
A book on Indian fungi is most welcome. I sincerely hope the publishers of Dr. Sethi's fungi book take more than adequate care in printing photographs of top quality. Quite some time ago I was in touch with Clive Shirley in New Zealand for want of Indian experts on fungi but New Zealand fungi are different from Indian fungi so that was not much help. However, its worth cheking his site: http://www.hiddenforest.co.nz/fungi/index.htm It gives an idea of the potential our forests hold for discovering mushrooms and moulds. Dr. Sethi's forthcoming book is the beginning of a journey to the world of fungi. Cheers, Kira Srivastava On 8/26/09, Inderjeet Sethi <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear all, > Thank you very much for welcoming me to this great group. Thanks to Dr > Gurcharan Singh for giving me this platform to interact with so many learned > colleagues. > I have interest in fungi and have been into photographing them in field and > then studying them in the laboratory. But I find it is not that easy to > identify them just on the basis of its morphology. You need to look at its > underside, the spore print, its anatomical features and other characters. I > don't consider myself a great mycologist but I definitely will learn with > the group. I will try my level best to identify them as far as possible > under the given conditions. > With Regards, > Dr IK Sethi > > On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Nayan Singh <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > > Welcome Dr. I.K Sethi ji, > > There was a great demand of a Mycologyst in this group. I hope now it is > fufilled. Special thanks to Gurcharan Singh ji for bringing her in this > group. > > with RegardsN.S.Dungriyal IFS > > Chief Conservator of Forests > > and Field Director > > Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad > > M.P. > > 09424792100 > > ________________________________ > From: Prashant awale <[email protected]> > > To: J.M. Garg <[email protected]> > > Cc: Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>; indiantreepix > <[email protected]> > > Sent: Wednesday, 26 August, 2009 6:44:28 PM > > Subject: [indiantreepix:16837] Re: Mycologist Dr I K Sethi > > > > Thats Great. > > Welcome to Dr.I.K.Sethi ji and special thanks to Gurcharan Singh ji for > the introduction. > > > > Thanks & best wishes > > Prashant > > > > On 8/26/09, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote: > > > That is really wonderful!!! > > > I welcome Dr. I K Sethi on the group, which hardly have any > knowledgeable individuals on Fungis/ Mushrooms. > > > It should fulfill the long-filled need of Fungi lovers on the group. > > > Lot of us will be looking forward for picking a copy of her book on > Fungis. > > > I also thank Singh ji for introducing her to Indiantreepix.. > > > > > > 2009/8/26 Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]> > > > > > > > > Dear Members > > > > My Mycologist colleague Dr I K Sethi has joined the group and started > interacting. We joined together in teaching profession in 1975.. Besides > dedicated teacher, she is an active researcher. Her book on Fungi is > schedule for release shortly. She has also authored several other books.. > With her joining the group, I think your fungal photographs won't go > unidentified. > > > > > > > > Gurcharan Singh --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "indiantreepix" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

