Thanks a lot, Ravindran ji.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: P.N RAVINDRAN
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 21:56
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:213872] Agumbe :: Piper FOR ID :: DVJAN57
To: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>

Dear Dr Garg
I am not a taxonomist to answer all your doubts. I am an agricultural
scientist engaged in the collection, study and breeding of pepper and
conservation of genetic resources. Retired long back, and no more involved
in active research My interests are now different.
Still, The species can be found in Gambles Flora (Flora of Madras
Presidency), as well as in the floras of Wynad, Idukki and
Pathanamthitta districts. TBGRI collected it from South Western Ghats and
the species is available there. I carried out the chemical studies but do
not have the information with me. I have also carried out the genetic
relationship studies using clustering analysis and principal component
analysis. This is related closely to Piper argyrophyllum, the difference is
in the pubescence of the latter.
Sorry, I am unable to tell more as  I do not have any documents with me.
One Dr KV Saji (IISR, Calicut, 673012)  has done the molecular taxonomic
analysis.
With Regards

The whole world uses my Image Resource

India'.