Dear Shrikant

Accepted, over last 35 years there is no much change in flora of Kas.
I know you are visiting the place for years. Even once we were
together and I had come to Kas with you in your car. That is about 5/6
years back.
But if you remember, that time we were only 4 on total Kas pathar...
you, me, Usha and Navendu.
The flora has survived for years because till recent years no such a
big influx of visitors was there. The crowd is increasing not in
geometric proportion, but in exponential proportion. Will the flora
survive such a huge influx of human activity?  37K people in two days.
I can not imagine. If same rate of rise of human activity sustains for
few more years, I fear the plant will vanish just because of pollution
and littering.

You say, each one of us should refrain from visiting on peak flowering
day. Then why should we visit. Every body will try to visit on
flowering days only. Yes, I assume you mean, everybody should refrain
from visiting on Saturday/ Sunday. But you, me, few more who care for
nature and more so who try to avoid the huge rush will visit in week
days. But every other person will try to visit on week ends/ holidays
only as far as possible. This fact we have to accept.
You only say that you refused to accompany as resource person. In
fact, it would be great if person like you go with the groups so that
you can educate them about not harming the plants, you may even ask
them to visit on week days. I am sure, if resource person like you is
available people will prefer to visit even on week day.
Thus, there has to be some regulation for visitors. The area need not
be banned for visiting. It should be open. But it should be controlled
with the grace approprate for its status of "World Heritage", as aper
other wild life sancturies.
On the other hand you say, Kas should not be burdened. The plateau
expects least intervention.from outsiders like us. The visit of 20K
people a day is not intervention? Or asking for some regulation is an
intervention?
You love nature. We love nature. You and we love Kas. We need to
regulate, discipline the visitors and save Kas.
Thanks