Thanks all, here's our final votes:

          Box Blur    rm g*list   svg2 fl.txt
bryce        +1          +1
tav          +1          +1
tgould       +1                       +1
josh                                  +2
johan        +1          +1
joncruz      +1                       +1
mental(?)

I know I said ">50% of the vote", but I just realized that literally
interpreted that'd mean only items getting 7 or more votes would pass
muster, which is ridiculous.  I didn't think that through too well.
What I really meant was items that half of us were favorable
towards... so items with 6 voters +3 or better.  All three voted
projects meet that test, and if no one objects I'd like to declare all
three as passing our vote and make them officially pre-approved.

Before we make any public announcements, I'd like to make sure we have
the three projects defined, with deliverables explained.

I can take care of fleshing out Box Blur (help welcomed tho).  Tav and
Johan would you two be willing to tackle defining the GList refactoring
project?  That would leave the SVG2 features for Josh, Ted, and Jon to
elaborate on, if you're up for it?

I think this makes a nice set.  With these three pre-approved, I could
now imagine someone running an inkscape kickstarter campaign around
collecting funds for these three projects.  Box Blur is a small but
tangible optimization task, SVG2 features will be most compelling to
users but may present more of an implementation challenge, and GList
refac is a necessary bread-and-butter but perhaps unsexy janitorial
task.

Thanks everyone,
Bryce