On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Tavmjong Bah <tavmj...@free.fr> wrote:
> SVG 2 features is a huge project that needs to be broken down into
> smaller parts. SVG 2 compliant flowed text is a great start and has the
> advantage that there is a natural SVG 1.1 fallback. It will be an
> implementation challenge as one needs to understand the current text
> code.

I guess part my though with the SVG2 / Flowed Text project is that I
considered a partial rewrite of some of the text code as something
that would be needed to "do it right". For me, it would make sense to
include that in the scope of this project since it is paid work on a
very important part of the codebase.

Per Bryce's request, I'd be willing to start working on fleshing out a
proposal for the SVG2 Text work... I will definitely need help
refining it though. Either way, I think there has been enough
discussion in the past for me to get together a good list of
requirements. Tav, since you're the most familiar with the text code
and proposed svg spec related to it, your input will be greatly
helpful once I get to that point.

Cheers,
Josh