blah blah.. I know I know.. I had a top of the line XT in the 80s.  They
didn't even have 386 PCs in the 70s.  You had to go pop my bubble though.
Maybe it was just because everything else seemed like late 60s early 70s
movies where they were like.. showing footage of 'high tech' labs and
stuff.  Heh..  All looks so silly now.  It was probably late 80s or early
90s in actuality.  But maybe the case was made in the 70s.  heh..

No no.. not "Compaq" as the name exists today, but it was a Leading Edge
paperwei.. I mean.. laptop.  I still can't believe they wanted 100 bucks
for it.  Was a pile.  But novelty galore.  I just imagine pulling msdos
5.0 off and putting a nice kernel 0.99 or the latest stable 1.xx on it.
That would be so cool.

Crap on 'have lying around."  I'd have the beast running as a terminal.
Set the badboy somewhere no one would ever expect it.  Like on the coffee
table with a serial cable and a power cord running out the tail end.  Then
I'd have my main desktop dialup and I could check my email on it.  Get a
cell phone and set it up in my car through the 2400 baud modem.  Lynx!

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Chris Randall wrote:

> [...]

---