Dear Hannes,

RFC6269 does not promote any mechanism but rather it identifies what is broken
in real deployments.

Saying that, do you think it is useful to re-insert the text we had in earlier
version:

   Enabling explicit identification means and adequate security suite is
   more robust than relying on source IP address or HOST_ID.  But
   tension may appear between strong privacy and usability (see Section
   4.2 of [I-D.iab-privacy-workshop]).

Cheers;
Med