Hi Mohamed,

I know that RFC 6269 just tries to identify what the authors consider as broken
in real world deployments. The analysis in that document is, however, used as a
justification for doing the work on draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-02.

As it turns out there are other ways to fix these problems, particularly with
respect to authentication. Not only are these mechanisms less brittle but they
also provide better properties from a security and privacy point of view.

That's maybe the reason why your co-workers had been active in standardization
on these security mechanisms for a long time (pointer to the work on SAML).

I had, however, jumped into the discussion because of the statement that users
are outside the scope of this work which I believe is incorrect.

Ciao
Hannes