Hi Joe,

RFC6706 already specifies how these Redirects work and is agnostic to the
link type. AERO(bis) tells how they work on AERO links through use of the
IPv6 ND protocol on a specific link type.

> - multiple link addresses are already part of the Ethernet spec and
> already handled by most IP over Ethernet implementations (and TOS
> marking correlation is defined in 802.1p).

I'd like to see what you are talking about so I can compare it to what
AERO is doing.

> When you assign more than
> one link address to a single physical interface, you're acting as if you
> have multiple links.

No, you are acting as if there are multiple link-layer addresses on the
same link.

> At that point, the forwarding table indicates not
> only the next-hop IP but the outgoing link -- for multiple link
> addresses these are treated as different virtual interfaces already.

Going with what I just said above, the forwarding table indicates only
the next-hop IP. It is the neighbor cache entry for the next-hop IP
that includes the multiple link-layer addresses. But, it is all one link.

> - I agree that IPv6 ND was done in an INTAREA WG; the same might be true
> for AERO, but the INTAREA WG should be a place where generic aspects of
> all Internet layer issues should be addressed, not domain-specific
> solutions (IMO).
>
> AERO might be one doc, but it is 60+ pages with over 70 revisions. I don't
> think it would be useful to bog down INTAREA with
> something that large.

The document size and number of revisions are irrelevant. By making it
an intarea doc, it would revert back to a -00.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com