Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2017-11-29 11:34:27)

> On 29/11/2017 11:12, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > I think given that DMC is strongly recommended there shouldn't be a real
> > cost with making this unconditional.
>
> I don't know, not liking it on the first go. But then again I have no
> idea how much power would that waste for use cases where DMC fw is
> deliberately not present.
>
> Perhaps it would be acceptable to mark GT busy during the async CSR
> load. Chris, any thoughts?

It's tightly coupled to requests, adding in an external call seems
troublesome.

What's the reason for depending on the CSR being loaded? The old fw is
broke no matter what, it doesn't get any more broken by us holding a
powerwell wakeref. I think we should go for simplicity and always take
the powerwell along with the rpm?
-Chris