Folks:

A few weeks ago, I sent a request to the InterMapper-Talk list asking for your
thoughts on reporting facilities that you would like to see in future versions
of InterMapper. Thanks to all who responded. I have summarized the responses on
this page:

        http://www.intermapper.com/featurerequests/reporting.html

I suspect that a number of people didn't have a chance to respond to the initial
request. Please read the original request (below), and respond to the list.
We'll add your thoughts to our list.

In addition, I have asked a colleague, Carl Pedersen, to follow up with people
who have replied. He'll contact you through e-mail or phone to ask some in-depth
questions about what you'd like to see.

Thanks!

Rich Brown
Dartware, LLC

===== Original call for comments =====

We are beginning to think about enhancements to future versions of InterMapper.
One frequent request we hear is for better reporting capabilities.

Now that strip charts are implemented in InterMapper Remote/Console, InterMapper
can provide a certain measure of historical information. But it's likely that
you would like to see InterMapper could collect, format and display lots of
other data.

We'd like to know what kinds of reports or historical data that would be useful.
Use the questions below as starters, and send your thoughts back to this list to
spur further comments.
-        Do you need daily, weekly, monthly reports? Of what kinds of
information?
-        Do you want reports of outages, traffic trends, utilization?
-        Do you care how the data is saved? Would text files suffice? Is an SQL
database required?
-        If the data were saved in a SQL database, would you want direct access
to the DBMS?
-        How would you use this data? To help improve service? To look for
trouble spots? To convince your boss you're doing a good job? :-)

We look forward to your thoughts. Many thanks!

Rich Brown
Dartware, LLC