At the least, this needs to be added to the thin-changes file, as it will bork any script that uses a custom error handler and has PHP 4 objects.

Thanks for the catch Dan, that fixes it.

Greg

Christian Schneider wrote:
Daniel Convissor wrote:

It's the custom error handler in pearcmd.php.  PHP doesn't pay attention
to any error_reporting() settings when a custom error handler is
established.  Then, error_handler() doesn't account for the new warning
level.

Is it just me or is this undesired behaviour? I noticed this back when I was playing around with error_handlers.

I think this should be treated as a bug and be changed for two reasons:
1) It seems illogical that an error_handler is called for an error level which is disabled in php.ini
2) It's a performance issue since the custom error handler is called for e.g. every access to an undefined array index even though I disabled that warning.

Opinions?
- Chris