On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 13:16, Nicolas Grekas
<nicolas.grekas+...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le mar. 11 févr. 2020 à 12:52, Diogo Galvao <diog...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 8:14 AM Manuel Canga <manuelca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi internals,
>> > I Would like to present a possible new "::func resolution" for your
>> > consideration.
>> > use function \My\I18N\i18n_translate;
>> >
>> > $mapped_array = array_map(i18n_translate::func, $array);
>> > What is your opinion ? Do you see it useful ?
>>
>> I've wished for this on many occasions and think it'd be really useful, as
>> long
>> as it could work with methods as well:
>>
>> $mapped_array = array_map(I18N::translate::function, $array);
>>
>> For what it's worth I guess it could just return [I18N::class, 'translate'].
>

> I wish this would return a Closure instead, making $foo::function the
> equivalent of Closure::fromCallable($foo).

Hi, Nicolas,

Currently, when <class_name>::class is used, class with <class_name>
can or cannot exists in that moment.
Using <function_name>::func( or <function_name>::function ), I think
should keep the same behavior.

Using ::func as alias of "Closure::fromCallable" check if function
exists in that moment. It is certainly useful, but, I think it's more
important be consistent

Thanks, Nicolas,