On 2021. 12. 21. 13:55, Christoph M. Becker wrote:
vcpkg has a lot of these, but some are completely missing (e.g. libxpm), and some packages are even on older versions than we currently use for Windows builds.

Good point, even Conan is missing some of those dependencies. Guess I'll
have to package those dependencies in Conan Center Index first, which is
not a big issue, since I wasn't planning to start working on PHP this
year, just to let everyone think things through.

The prebuilt Windows dependencies[1] mostly lack potentially
required CMake config-file packages.

That's not really an issue. PHP is an application and not a library, so
it can afford to not rely on CMake packages to find dependencies. In
libraries you are usually restricted to find_package() to make things
work properly transitively. Conan can in fact generate CMake packages
for libraries that don't support clients using CMake, but that would
lead to lock-in if PHP were to use those and my aim is to make things
work regardless what method is used to fetch dependencies.