Generally speaking, many users want to be able to catch every error
possible.  If there is an error condition that happens, they want to be
able to catch it.

If it's not possible to catch it in script, perhaps an extension or some
other strategy needs to be documented for certain error conditions.

Anyone who develops systems with 99.99 or 99.999% availability (~5
minutes downtime per year) needs to account for all error conditions,
and this is required in things like telephone systems, military systems,
etc.  Hey, you may want a web interface to those systems ;)

Regards,
Al