[ forgot to sent that to the list ]

Hi Philip,

Am Dienstag, den 20.05.2008, 12:55 -0700 schrieb Philip Olson:
[...]
> PHP 5.3 is approaching fast, so let's conclude our dealings with
> magical quotes... this should be the last time. Please have a look at
> the following RFC and discuss it within this thread.
>
>    Magic Quotes in PHP 5.3 and beyond
>    - http://wiki.php.net/rfc/magicquotes
>
> It recommends changes to both 5_3 and 6_0 branches, namely, removing
> E_DEPRECATED from the get_ magical quote functions. Silence means
> you're okay with the RFC being implemented.

Why should we leave get_magic_quotes_gpc()? If someone wants to be
backwards compatible, just use
if (function_exists('get_magic_quotes_gpc') and @get_magic_quotes_gpc())
Let's just add this to the manual, and everything is fine.

I don't see a problem with this at all and it has the advantage of
allowing use to remove all the traces of magic quotes in 6. Magic quotes
are considered a bad practice for a long time.

cu, Lars
P.S.: Silence agrees doesn't work, silence is void.