+1

On Jul 6, 2009, at 7:52 PM, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

Last week or so there was a fairly detailed discussion on the internals list regarding type hinting based on my original patch. Since then the patch has been revised to address the major concerns that were identified (breakage of binary compatibility) as well extended with additional functionality (object hint, type casting, reflection support, etc...).

The final patch is available here: http://ilia.ws/patch/type_hint_53_v2.txt
The test suit is available here: http://ia.gd/patch/type_hint_tests.tar.bz2

I would like to ask all developers to voice their opinions of whether it makes sense to add this to 5.3 or to throw it away (either one is fine btw). To keep the process simple & flamewar free, please restrict yourself to +/- (1/0), next week monday I'll run a tally of the votes and based on the result we can determine how to proceed further.

Ilia