-1

However, this is ONLY because I do not feel PHP 5.3 is the place to put
this. However, I do have to agree with Ilia here that PHP 6 is too far away
and it would be nice to have this feature long before then. I would however,
be very for adding something similar to this patch in a PHP 5.4 release. I
don't see why a PHP 5.4 release can't be done relativly quickly (Like 6-12
months) by just making it more of a minor internal update but something that
could have large impacts on user code (syntax changes for type hints).

I'd like to see a feature like this out as soon as possible so that people
can start adopting it.

- Graham Kelly