On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith<m...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> B) foo($bar);
> function bar((int) $bar) {}
>
> What am I really saying with B)?
> I don't care what you give me, I am going to use it as an int anyways?

Exactly. Very simple. I would phrase it as "I'll accept anything and
cast it to an int".

> Of course I am also quite opposed to sticking this into 5.3.

On which grounds? If you don't like the feature, please cast a -1
vote. If its because of the BC problems, I believe you and Johannes
have veto power on what goes into 5.3.x? If so, do you intend to use
it?

> Finally I would like to ask to rename this entire feature (including what we
> currently already have) to "type checking" or something other than "hint" in
> the documentation.

Seconded.

Thanks,
Paul