Are you supporting users who you provide a shared hosting embodiment too, and
do you control binary installations on the enviroments? If so then possibly
patching source for you installs maybe the easiest and quickest solution.
If we knew the nature of your support requirements, then we could possibly
suggest a better solution or be won round. (although internals isn't the place
for that really)

This is not meant to bait but possibly an improvement in your support process
or docs might yield a solution?

--
James Butler
Sent from my iPhone