On Thu, 25 Nov 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:

> We have moved not too long ago and for what I see it gave some
> opportunities to many of us to see what are the other tools on the
> market, git and github in particular. I think 99% of the active
> developers here are on github or use git in one way or another.

Before even talking about git; the discussion should focus on whether we
want DVCS. There are other things out there beside gits, which are not
that difficult to use and provide just as much functionality.

> Please not I'm not requesting to do it now and here, only trying to
> get a feeling/poll about git usage.

I am not in favour; I will repeat what I just wrote to Davey:
DVCS is also a lot more egocentric thing, instead of
collaboration. You want your stuff exposed to as many developers as
possible instead of walled gardens. It might be easy enough to
share, but discovery is a lot harder.

Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org