On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 16:26 +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
> At the end of the day however it probably has nothing to do with which DVCS
> is
> used for master copies. The interoperability now available does mean that we
> can
> safely ignore any 'choice' and simply use our own preference locally :) It
> will
> be the management of processes which are the main problem, something that is
> still outstanding anyway currently ...

Agreed that most of them are pretty interoperable at this point.

** DISCLAIMER: I am an employee of Canonical, owners of Launchpad **

May I suggest bzr+launchpad as another alternative. MySQL has
successfully migrated, and it would offer some real benefits to the
process management.

* Release and Milestone Management for bugs and specs (Blueprints)
* Blueprints tied to milestones/releases (Blueprints == RFC's)
* Powerful web based merge proposal management.
* Branch aware bug management (bzr commit --fixes lp:1234567 && bzr push
automatically attaches the branch to the bug)

I've not used git or hg much at all, but bzr has always satisfied my
needs for DVCS, and has recently gotten much faster and more space
efficient than it was in the past.