Its actually faster to use the command line when u have enough practice;
picture yourself merging branches or something more complicated, I think its
easier typing stuff as you think it than finding your way around a GUI,
command line reacts faster than a GUI too. I use the IDE integration though,
but not the shell integration, at all. I agree on visualizing repository
tree on the GUI though. In the end its up to each individual.

Regards,

David