Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that I wrote a RFC about built-in web server
> feature with which PHP can serve contents without a help of web
> servers.  That would be handy for development purpose.
>
> If interested, have a look at http://wiki.php.net/rfc/builtinwebserver .
>
> Regards,
> Moriyoshi
I like the idea.

Regarding the patch (https://gist.github.com/835698):
I don't see a switch to disable the internal parse on configure.

I'd expect the files to be on its own folder inside sapi, even being
able to
bundle them in a single binary.

Why is this needed on WIndows?

+ ADD_FLAG("LIBS_CLI", "ws2_32.lib");

Surely php will already link with the sockets library for its own functions.

The http parser code seems copied from https://github.com/ry/http-parser and
it may not be a good idea to modify it downstream, but it  seems to do more
things than strictly needed by php (eg. there are more methods than those a
php server would take use).
It also seems to be a hand-coded lexer, so that's much more verbose than a
set of rules.

The patch looks messy as it splits main in two functions, so it gets
hard to follow,
but is probably good overall.

The change from php_printf to printf in line 3988 looks wrong.

Any special reason to disable it on PHP_CLI_WIN32_NO_CONSOLE ?