Hi,

2011/3/3 Ángel González <keis...@gmail.com>:
> Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:
>>> Regarding the patch (https://gist.github.com/835698):
>>> I don't see a switch to disable the internal parse on configure.
>> I don't see any obvious reason it should be able to be turned off
>> through the build option.  The only problem is binary size increase,
>> which I guess is quite subtle.
> Seems sufficiently different from normal cli.

I've seen a number of people arguing on the same, but I'd rather have
them both in for the sake of simplicity.  As discussed when the CLI
version of PHP was born, multiple PHP binaries actually have confused
the users to a certain degree.

>>> The patch looks messy as it splits main in two functions, so it gets
>>> hard to follow,
>>> but is probably good overall.
>> Assuming you are mentioning about the option parsing portion of the
>> code, yes, it's a bit messy, but I had to do so because runtime
>> initialization procedure is very different from the ordinary CLI.
> Wasn't critizising you. It's a limitation of unified diffs, which can't say
> "move this bunch of code 25 lines down". A bit hard to follow, but
> aparently good.

I would have put a whitespace-ignoring diff as well ;-)

>>> Any special reason to disable it on PHP_CLI_WIN32_NO_CONSOLE ?
>> cli-win32 version of PHP doesn't have an associated console and is
>> supposed to use to create applications without console interactions
>> (i.e. GUI).  So, It doesn't make sense to enable this feature for it.
> With the embedded web server, the interaction would be done via the browser.

It is not intended to be daemonized at all since it's just a
development web server.  To do more, Apache should work great then.

Regards,
Moriyoshi