Hi,

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <indey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Moriyoshi Koizumi <m...@mozo.jp> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to let you know that I wrote a RFC about built-in web server
>> feature with which PHP can serve contents without a help of web
>> servers.  That would be handy for development purpose.
>>
>> If interested, have a look at http://wiki.php.net/rfc/builtinwebserver .
>
> Interesting, indeed.
>
> I noticed, that you hardcode mimetypes and index_files.
> Mimetypes can probably be obtained from the system — we even had some
> extension doing that.
> And index_files should be configurable, because there are some
> situations when people don't want any mime-types at all.
>
> Also, it would be good to be able to configure which files are
> actually parsed by php, not just served. Currently, these are only
> ".php" files

We coundn't always count on the existence of mime.types, which is
likely installed with Apache that is uncalled for.  Neither do I see
any good reason to make index files configurable because I have hardly
seen such a peculiar setting for several years that uses file names
other than index.html or index.php for index files.  I used to use
index.htm for technical reasons though.

In short, if you need to configure it more, it'd be better off
installing Apache to do the right job.  I would like to cover just a
marginal part of the developer needs with this.

Regards,
Moriyoshi