This is my first time posting to the mailing list, been lurking for a little
while, but I would like to throw in my thoughts. I've written about the idea of
PHP supporting JSON notation on my blog before
(http://www.justincarmony.com/blog/2011/04/12/php-itch-to-scratch-object-notation/),
 and I think it would be beneficial because:

- Frameworks and Libraries are becoming more verbose as they support more
modular designs. The more PHP as a language can do to help developers make
their frameworks less verbose (like supporting JSON like notations), the
happier developers will be.

- Most developers are familiar with JSON, so the learning curve for this
notation would be low.

- While short hand for arrays would be nice, some developers are moving to use
objects more over arrays, so a shorthand that supports both arrays and objects
would be great.

But the bottom line is I would love to help put together whatever is required
for a new RFC, and do anything to help others who don't see the use for the
short notation.

Justin Carmony