I agree with this. So the idea would be adding short hand object notation for
PHP, inspired by JSON, but we also allow for associative arrays. So:

$object = { 'var1': 'one', 'var2': 'two' }; // for an object
$assoc_array = [ 'var1': 'one', 'var2': 'two' ]; // for an array

// even mix and match

$person = {
'name': 'Justin',
'city': 'Ogden'
'phones' : [
    'home': '555-3928',
    'work': '555-3922'
]
};

echo $person->phones['home']; // output: 555-3928

The other option is the [] shorthand would create an ArrayObject, so you can
interact with the object like an array or object. But I think it is important
that we make it possible to allow for array AND object shorthand.

Justin