> Why do we even have this tmp-php.ini? Why not just make test without
> any .ini files, i.e. just with -n option?

[20:44:09] <bjori> Tyrael: tmp-php.ini is built from the system ini
[20:44:45] <bjori> Tyrael: if he builds php with
--with-config-file-scan-dir=/where/ever/he/has/another/php.ini, then
it will use that ini
[20:45:09] <bjori> Tyrael: and thats the whole point of tmp-php.ini,
to not only test the default ini, but also random user configurations

I agree that it is a bad practice to test random user configuration in
our test suite.
that's just another moving part in the system.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu