On 4/20/2012 8:57 PM, Kris Craig wrote:

Turkish localization notwithstanding (I confess that I know absolutely *
nothing* about that lol), one possible use-case could be if you're
including an external library/framework that contains a function with the
same name but different case.  I'm not sure how likely that is, mind you,
but I can see that as one potential benefit.  Either way, I guess my point
is that the arguments for/against this seem to parallel the arguments for
Windows-style fso case-insensitivity vs. Unix-style fso case-sensitivity.

Java, C#, Python, Ruby... are all case-sensitive. This is not a feature to be (mis-)used so that one can have a function named myfunc() and MyFunc() in the same code base. Case-insensitive class/function/interface names is a confusion for everyone with non-PHP development experience. There's not a modern OO platform that defines an interface named 'IDispatch' and later allows it to be referenced as 'idispatch' or 'iDispatch'. And PHP is becoming more OO with every major release. Overall, full case-sensitivity seems to be a natural step in PHP's evolution.