Hi,

Am 02/28/2013 11:21 AM, schrieb Zeev Suraski:
> I'm not sure how many people you've spoken to and what their profile is,
> but reality shows a very different picture:
>
> 481004 PHP/5.2.17
>  280342 PHP/5.3.8

you can add another ~100 PHP/5.3.8 installations.

For our company stability and bug fixes are way more important (like
10fold) than having fancy new features. I was asked, if we can switch to
5.4.x but i refused, because it's a couple of days work for each project
to evaluate and migrate to 5.4.x

> All in all, I think the people who like the yearly release cycle are first
> and foremost bleeding edge individual developers, and not people who are a
> part of larger projects, or that actually have to worry about production
> apps working uninterrupted.

I personally totally agree.

Cheers, Frank

--

Frank Schenk
Software Analyst

Tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 30
Fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
E-mail: frank.sch...@2e-systems.com

Address: 2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87, D-65812 Bad Soden am Taunus
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Director: Philip Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - making your business fly!