Hi Arpad,

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Arpad Ray <array...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought we were in agreement about doing this properly in PHP.next? My
> arguments against this version of the patch still stand:

We had long discussion and decided to apply maintained branches
as security enhancement more than a year ago. We also planned to
apply the patch into 5.3 originally, but 5.3 is security fix only now.

Anyway, if users are resetting session id properly, they are protected
against session adoption attacks. However, users are not protect their
apps properly, then they are at the risk of session adoption. This fix is
rather important for PHP, since there are many setups that share
PHP with many apps. That's the reason why we decided to apply
this patch into maintained branches.

PHP web server admins should feel much safer than before with this
feature.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki