Hi Yasuo,

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Arpad Ray <array...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not against the idea in principle but still think having a security
>> feature which just quietly fails if you're not using one of two modified
>> handlers is really not good.
>>
>> I also think there's no great rush to add this, because as you say, it
>> can be protected against in userland too.
>>
>> I would much rather have a robust, clean solution even if we have to wait
>> until php.next for it.
>>

> As I wrote, we already had long discussion a year ago and decided to
> include maintained branches.

Could you point me to where this was decided please? I don't see a vote or
anything like a consensus in the previous threads.

> This issue should be fixed 8 years ago. It's already too late to adopt
> IMHO.
>
> If you would like to know the details of risks, please refer to the RFC.

I understand the risk and your solution, I just think there's a better
solution (more like your original patch if I recall correctly) and that we
shouldn't rush to apply an inferior solution just because the issue is so
old.

Arpad