Hi Yasuo,

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Arpad Ray <array...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Could you point me to where this was decided please? I don't see a vote
>> or anything like a consensus in the previous threads.
>

> There isn't vote for this RFC since this is security.
> It's also a consensus.

While this is a security concern, it's not a straightforward bug fix. When
there's contention in how to fix it, I think there really should be a vote.

I've read the other threads and I don't think has been any clear consensus
about this issue and I, for one, am not happy to have what I feel is an
inferior solution committed while it's still being discussed.

To reiterate: this ini setting will quietly fail when using a handler which
hasn't been patched, like memcached, or a custom handler. That's arguably
worse than not having the setting at all since it could give people a false
sense of security.

Arpad