On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > Perhaps I’m being unfair and overthinking things, but I wonder if it is
> really fair for people who have no karma, i.e. not contributors to the
> documentation, extensions, php-src or anything else, to have the ability to
> vote on RFCs?
> >
> > I’d never suggest people without internals karma can’t vote. I think doc
> and peck contributors are as valued as any other contributors. However,
> people with no karma whatsoever (a blank people.php.net page) voting irks
> me.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I'm with you on this one, huge +1 for the separation on who can vote
> and changing the voting rfc.
>

> --
> regards,
>
> Kalle Sommer Nielsen
> ka...@php.net
>
> --

The one problem with this is it doesn't take into account those who
contribute to PHP in other ways, such as administering tests, contributing
RFCs, etc.  I'm not necessarily against this, but if you want to garner
wide enough support, you might want to make the language a little more
inclusive.

Just my two cents.

--Kris