Hi,

On Sep 20, 2014 8:29 AM, "Andrea Faulds" <a...@ajf.me> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Perhaps I’m being unfair and overthinking things, but I wonder if it is
really fair for people who have no karma, i.e. not contributors to the
documentation, extensions, php-src or anything else, to have the ability to
vote on RFCs?

> I’d never suggest people without internals karma can’t vote. I think doc
and peck contributors are as valued as any other contributors. However,
people with no karma whatsoever (a blank people.php.net page) voting irks
me.

> Thoughts?

I am not sure what brings you here but the idea of community votes was one
of the top thing when we introduced the voting RFC.

Thinking that we do not care what symfony, composer, zend framework,
lavahel (if they like to), drupal lead developers think about what we plan
to do then we will go back to a very dark time.

We may improve how it is done. But killing communities voices is a very bad
idea.

It is also important to keep in mind the RFCs, blocking ppl were not them.
Or ppl having strong opinions for one way or another, me or other, were not
part of these communities voices. So I do not think the impact of their
votes is that large anyway.

Cheers,
Pierre