Michael Wallner wrote on 18/02/2015 11:19:
On 17/02/15 23:03, Sara Golemon wrote:

1) Introduce scalar types for primitives: bool, int, float, string,
resource, object (we already have array)
1a) Introduce meta-types as pre-defined unions (we can add custom
unions in a later rfc).  A possible list may be as follows (again, we
can argue what's in this list separately):
* mixed: any type
* scalar: (null|bool|int|float|string)
Hold on, usually, type checking functions don't identify NULL as scalar.

No need for anyone to hold on; as it says in the section you've quoted "we can argue what's in this list separately". Sara's after reactions to the principle of having meta-types/unions in general, not their definitions, right now.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]