> Michael Wallner wrote on 18/02/2015 11:39:

>>> No need for anyone to hold on; as it says in the section you've quoted
>>> "we can argue what's in this list separately". Sara's after reactions to
>>> the principle of having meta-types/unions in general, not their
>>> definitions, right now.
>>>
>> Did you already incorporate "strict mode" yourself?
>> SCNR
>>
>> I'm not a native speaker, so "hold on" might mean something different to
>> you than to me.
>>

> Sorry, what I meant was, "don't worry, this isn't the kind of issue that
> we need to worry about yet".
>
> Sara's e-mail made clear that these were quick examples, and she wasn't
> expecting feedback on the details at this stage.

Still, nullable types is something that had been proposed several times in
this list, and fits nicely with the introduction of union-types.

So, yes it would be nice null not to be included in scalars. Instead, we
could have a union type like scalar? = scalar|null

Lazare INEPOLOGLOU
Ingénieur Logiciel