Stanislav Malyshev wrote on 05/05/2016 07:48:
The key idea of RFC was not to invite another language for meta-data,
>but use PHP language itself.
This is a good way to avoid handling a lot of issue, but what I am
afraid of is that with this solution, what would happen that people
start doing exactly that - inventing another languages for metadata.

I tend to agree - what the proposal basically says is "here's a generic parser, invent a domain-specific language using that parser". Theoretically, people could implement all sorts of weird "operator overloading" behaviour:

<<Push($foo >> Translator)>>

<<Pipe($foo|lower|escape)>>

<<Query($foo ?? '//item[id=42]')>>

Do we really need or want that kind of flexibility, just to avoid agreeing a specific structure for metadata?

Regards,
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]