On 05/10/2016 03:48 PM, Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

Hi internals,

I've started voting on "PHP Attributes" RFC.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/attributes

In my opinion, "PHP Attributes" might be a smart tool for PHP extension,
but it's not going to be the end of the world, if we decided to live with
doc-comments only.

one question, Rasmus Schultz post goes into the similar direction.

Any reason why the annotations are only a numeric list and not key value
pairs? Key-Value would be much more powerful and address a ton of
objections for us (Doctrine).

In the current state it is pretty limited for more complex use-cases. I
don't want to fully embrace the complexities that Larry showed for Drupal
(in my opinion, too much annotations), but without key value pairs we could
only use this when we nested JSON into the attribute value strings for
example, not something I want to mix.

I fully agree that Drupal's annotation use goes over-board at present. :-) I used it as a real-world stress-case. However, even if we were to scale back in Drupal the current Attributes proposal is too low-level to be useful.

I do not have voting karma, but I would endorse voting NO on this RFC as is.

--Larry Garfield