On 20/06/2018 22:59, Nikita Popov wrote:
Hi internals,

Bob and I would like to present a new typed properties proposal for your
consideration:

     https://wiki.php.net/rfc/typed_properties_v2

Hi Nikita, and Bob,

Thanks for the extremely thorough RFC. I think you've made a great case for the decisions you've taken, and it's reassuring to see so many edge-cases considered. In particular, the well-considered support for references makes it feel like a complete feature. The lack of "callable" is the only caveat that might surprise users, but I think it's justified, because we can't actually guarantee that something that was callable when it went in will be callable when it comes out.

One thing that I would be interested to hear, is whether any of the groundwork laid here - particularly for typed references - would be useful if we were to introduce typed local variables in future. I don't want to derail the thread discussing exactly how this would work, but does anyone have a general hunch of whether this "brings us closer", IF we decided that was where we wanted to go?

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]